I’m excited to get started on your voice-over project. To ensure that you get exactly what you want from this recording, and to minimise the chances of re-recordings and additional fees, I have devised this working agreement.
Give it a read through and let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Here are some things I need to know before I record your script. If you do not provide information on these topics, I will assume you are giving me the freedom to use my experience and expertise to record your script how I see fit.
Here are a few ways in which you can help me understand what you want:
- Live directed session. Direct me live as I record your script. In this case you will receive all the recorded takes from the session, which you can edit to your liking.
- Samples on my website. Listen to the various demos and videos I have on my website and pick one that sounds similar to the tone-of-voice you are looking for.
- Key words. Use some words to describe your desired tone-of-voice. For example: inspiring, professional, friendly, conversational.
- Send me video and/or music. Background music especially helps me to understand the type of atmosphere you want to create in the video.
- Custom samples. Ask me to record a 15-second sample (or two) which you can provide feedback on.
TIMING AND PACING
If you don’t provide any directions on timing, I will assume you will adjust the video to my pacing. Please indicate before I record if you need me to stay within a certain length or if a specific timing of the sentences is required. For more complex timing requirements an additional fee might apply.
Your script may contain company, product names or acronyms that you want pronounced in a specific way. Please provide a pronunciation guide (audio or phonetic).
If you want me to speak in any accent or dialect other than what you hear in my demos, indicate this. If you don’t, you will receive my natural accent, which is native international sounding English.
Establishing a clear briefing means that for the majority of projects, the client will use the first version I send them. However, in some cases re-recordings are required.
WHEN ARE RE-RECORDINGS FREE?
- If you provided a clear briefing and I have not given you what you asked for. We will always continue until you are satisfied.
- If you are not satisfied with the quality of my work. We will always continue until you are satisfied.
- If I have made mistakes.
WHEN DO ADDITIONAL FEES APPLY?
With a good briefing, we strive to get the recording right on the first try, in order to avoid additional costs. But it’s not always possible to foresee everything on the first go, and sometimes changes simply have to be made after a recording has been done. In these situations additional fees apply:
- If changes are made to the script after the recording.
- If you decide to go in a different direction and need me to record in a different tone-of-voice. For example if you first ask for a friendly, professional read and then later decide you want
- If you didn’t let me know that the recording needed to fit within a certain timing.
- If you didn’t let me know of a specific pronunciations before the recording.
- Script changes cost €80,- per round for up to 5 pick-ups. In the event of more pick-ups the fee will be 50% or our originally agreed upon rate and most likely a full re-recording will take place.
- Full or partial re-recordings for a change in direction are 50% of the originally agreed upon rate.
You will receive an invoice upon delivery of the first audio. Please pay the invoice within 14 days. Here are my bank details:
- Euro account: Audio Tailor, NL86KNAB0257110437.
- USD account:
- Account Holder
- TransferWise FBO Sean Charles Gray
- Account number
- Wire transfer number
- Bank code (SWIFT / BIC)
- Routing number (ACH or ABA)
19 W 24th Street
- GBP account:
- Account Holder
- Sean Charles Gray
- Account number
- IBAN (to receive GBP from UK only)
- GB38 TRWI 2314 7057 4087 73
- UK Sort Code
56 Shoreditch High Street